CEC European Managers is looking for a dynamic, skillful and flexible intern to join its Brussels office starting on 17. February (flexible) for a duration of six months. The selected intern will help CEC staff to manage communications and the “Sustainable Leadership for a Fair and Green Transition” project.
CEC European Managers is a European social partner representing around one million managers at EU-level. As social partner, we ensure that employment and social policies in the EU consider the specific needs of managers. As advocates for professional management, we strive to mainstream lifelong learning, gender equality and sustainable leadership.
– social media management
– website management
– event management
– contribution to project management (Sustainable Leadership for a Fair and Green Transition project)
– writing and editing articles in the domains of employment and social policies and/or management and leadership development
– native-level French and English
– interest in EU policies, social dialogue and sustainable leadership
– university degree in the fields of: political and social sciences, environmental sciences, law, communications/journalism or management
– creativity and strong communication skills, both written and oral
– interest in project management
– willingness to learn
– other European languages
– experience in project management
– strong research skills
– strong self-initiative
– skills in graphic design (Adobe suite), website management etc.
– knowledge on ESG/CSR and sustainable development
– knowledge on sustainable finance
What we offer:
– You will receive a monthly financial compensation (indemnities) of 850 Euro in the framework of the “convention d’immersion professionnelle”.
– A “hands-on” training experience in a European social partner association
– Gain a thorough insight into the workings of NGO communications and lobbying in Brussels and at European level
– Develop and improve project-management and communication skills
– A dynamic working atmosphere in the centre of the European quarter in Brussels
– A “kick-start” into a European career in the field of European affairs
– Possibility to develop a personal research programme (in line with the convention d’immersion professionnelle requirements)
How to apply:
To apply, you will need to send a one-page cover letter and a one-page CV, as well as a writing example of max. 400 words about the question “how can the EU best mainstream sustainable leadership?” Please send the three documents as PDF by email to firstname.lastname@example.org before 19 January 2020. Interviews with selected candidates will take place in the afternoon of 29 January in Brussels.
Compensation: 850 Euro / month
Working time: 38h/week
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome diversity. For questions relating to accessibility, please contact us.